“With this presentation, SIMEON GIGOW gives impressive evidence of the fact that contemporary art need not move away from tradition, but may rather develop to become part of it.”
- Prof. Joachim Lothar GARTNER, AKH Gallery, Vienna, Austria
“Simeon’s portraits are full of life, vitality and charm. The artist’s way of personal experiences and artistic maturity contribute to creating art works which touch the viewer’s deepest feelings. ”
- Theodora Brown, Photographer @Lux.Magica.Photography
“When creating a painting, I use two basic different methods. On the one hand I try to create the objects analytically, and on the other hand I let intuition and emotions work as I listen to the voice of my heart.”
- The Artist
I am convinced that art is a miracle just like talent is God’s gift.
I believe that by creating the images on the walls of Lascaux and Altamira caves, the Cro-Magnon Man was intuitively satisfying his need to communicate with God. The same spiritual desire is a characteristic of all real artists throughout history.
When I paint I look for the hidden energy and the invisible essence of the surrounding world. I combine natures shapes and colors with the imagination of dreams and of the subconscious which creates the combination of all that fulfills the artwork.
When creating a painting, I use two basic different methods. On the one hand I try to create the objects analytically, and on the other hand I let intuition and emotions work as I listen to the voice of my heart.
When I find the right balance the result is always good. With my work I want to show my desire for the harmony of nature and people. I am happy when I can create a spirited and soulful image.
I am working in different fields of fine arts, like paintings, drawings, stage decoration and murals using oil, acrylic and mix media techniques.
A LIFETIME IN ART
About The Artist
Simeon Gigow is an artist from Austria, Permanent Resident in the United States, living and working in the United States and Europe.
In his works, Simeon represents a different reality, invisible to the eye but perceptible through our intuition. Applying classical means of expression, such as plain form and perspicuous composition, he strives for abstract symbolism, mood and atmosphere inspired by real life.
Simeon is an oil, acrylic and mixed media painter. His paintings are marked by their expressive, dynamic, clear color and modern form. The landscape, still life and abstract themes are represented with superb artistry. His works harmoniously combine the influence of modern classic artists and pronounced original temperament.
He showcased his work in many solo and group exhibitions throughout the US and Europe.
Simeon is an Art Professor and enjoys working with people of all ages. Over the years, he has been teaching art in Brigittenauer School, Vienna and his studios in Los Angeles, California and Vienna, Austria.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Academy of Fine Arts, Sofia, Bulgaria – Postgraduate Qualification for Art Professor and Art Therapist.
- Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna, Austria – Master of Fine Art in painting & graphics.
- Academy of Fine Arts, Sofia, Bulgaria – Master of Fine Art in mural painting.
PUBPLIC AND PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
- Collection of the National Museum of Art, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Collection of the City Gallery, Sofia and many other permanent collections in Bulgaria
- Collection of the Family Zellermayer, Berlin, Germany
- Collection of the Princesses de Pomery, Basel, Switzerland
- Collection of the Dynasty Manz, Grand Hotel “St.Gotthard”, Zurich, Switzerland
- Private collections in Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Russia, Greece, USA, Canada
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MANAGEMENT
- Member of the NOAPS (National Oil & Acrylic Painter’s Society).
- Member of the International Association of UNESCO.
- Member of the Professional Association of Bulgarian Artists.
- Member of the Professional Association of Austrian Artists.
Simeon Gigow is an excellent artist with great talent which covers many different Artistic fields. He is an outstanding portrait painter as well as landscape artist and muralist. I highly recommend his work as well as his commitment to his art. I wish him very well.
[…] I am also acquainted with Mr. Gigow’s theater decorations which are illustrative of his experience and advanced mastery of the art of stage setting and theater decoration. He is a professional with a compelling artistic biography.
Simeon’s portraits are full of life, vitality and charm. The artist’s wealth of personal experiences and artistic maturity contribute to creating art works which touch the viewer’s deepest feelings. His paintings very often, not only show the beauty of the person, but also reveal unexpected aspects of the inner self.
…the artist Simeon gets the SOUL of the subject in the eyes.
In my art knowledge, only Rembrandt has done this to such an
extent (in the series of his self-portraits)…